Saturday, July 19, 2008

Be Picture Ready on the Big Day

Today I'd like to talk about how you will look the day of the wedding. Yes, I know that the wedding is a year or more away unless your Starry Eyed Daughter is like mine and wants to have her wedding in 8 months.

Remember, on the day of the wedding YOU won't be the one holding the camera. Consequently, you will BE in at least a few of the pictures! So let's start now on a health and beauty regimen that will insure that you will be picture ready on the big day.

I'll start along with you. I didn't quite make it weight wise for my first daughter's wedding, so maybe if I get started with you now, I'll achieve success by the time of my second daughter's wedding:)

The first step is a consistent exercise program. If you don't currently exercise, start off slow and build up your time and endurance.

My favorite form of exercise is walking--either outside or on a treadmill or using an elliptical. Start with 10 or 20 minutes and work up to 45 minutes or an hour at least 4 times a week. If you are not already doing that, you'll be surprised by how good you will feel, both physically and mentally. Not only is it good for your body, it is good stress relief!

Pilates is something I am going to try--anyone already do pilates? I'll let you know about my efforts when I get started:) And for you fitness buffs, there are weights, machines and gyms. Go for it!

Along with exercise, of course, goes a sensible diet. I'll be writing more about this also as I get more motivated to join you in this endeavor. Feel free to write encouraging tips and let me know how you are doing with your eating habits!

There is much more to write about this topic, but it must wait until later. Until then...

No comments: